Monday 17 May 2010

River Fest

I always enjoy a little voyage, it's great to get in a boat and sail somewhere, moor up and explore.

On Saturday we sailed our mirror dinghy up to Newport Quay to
The River Fest http://www.islandpulse.co.uk/b2/riverfest-2010/





We followed the little Brigs up the river on a light north westerly breeze. We moored up at the pontoon, stepped ashore and had

a lovely time, pottering around, viewing the stalls and couldn't resist buying some homemade fudge!


We ate our picnic before returning on the falling tide. The wind had kindly swung round to a southerly so we were able to make easy passage down river with the wind and tide.

If you want to find out more about the Little Brig Sailing Trust

http://www.littlebrig.com/




Mirror dinghy Racing has started and I will let you know how we get on in the Season. I intent to do some helming this year, (as I usually only crew when racing) so there may well be some interesting manoeuvres around the buoys! My skipper is expecting great things, but under race conditions my nerve added to my competitive streak may well get in a tangle or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment