Monday 27 September 2010

Back on Course, Part Two; Cast On



With Autumn upon us, I'm now very busy with my planning and making of stock for my Christmas craft events. I have been spinning,weaving and knitting and enjoying using a different colour palette that the Autumn/Winter season brings.




I'm working with the natural tones of the hand spun yarn for my knitting and have had great fun this week weaving some pure wool rugs on my loom.





Red and green woven with grey and camel coloured yarn offers a rich textile to compliment any setting, adding warmth to a room and even a festive feel.
New Designs
Casting on a new project is always exciting, I tend to have quite a few on the go at any one time!
My spinning wheel is loaded with a bobbin of Wensleydale yarn.
My loom is working it's way through some wonderful skeins of wool sourced on my travels to Devon this summer.
My knitting needles are busy clicking away as I knit socks and hand warmers.
I also have a basket where I put in my " to be sewn up and labelled"- this task is my least favourite so I have to write a morning in my diary each week to commit time to do this.
Actually once I get stuck in it is very satisfying to complete a project and the best bit is sewing in one of my little labels, then I truly feel content and happy with a new item ready for sale.













2 comments: