Thursday 2 June 2011

Retained The Cup For Weaving!





I'm very pleased to say that I have won;


The Marleen Upson Memorial Cup For Weaving for the second year running!



It was presented to me by the Isle Of Wight Spinners, Weavers and Dyers Guild.



The following photos are the stages of the winning item in creation on my loom.




My inspiration, my beautiful new rambling rose in my garden, just coming into bloom.




I chose the colours of the warp


Warped up the loom.



Weaving in wide stripes of multi colours



A close up of the woven fabric.





On display.


The finished piece makes a lovely table runner or small throw to decorate a chair or drape at the foot of a bed. It's soft muted and blended colours of early Summer gives a warmth and easy country style.

1 comment:

  1. It's a lovely piece of weaving, I love your colours - a well deserved win, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete