Tuesday 12 March 2013

Peg Looms and Warp Waiting









 











Peg Loom- ready to thread a warp


Peg Looms are very simple to use and are an easy way to start weaving giving you endless possibilities to create a fabric.







Here I am weaving a test sample with DK weight yarns;
six altogether to create a multi coloured weave.





When I have woven halfway up the pegs I remove the pegs from the frame and slide the piece of work down the warp.

Then the pegs are replaced in their holes in the frame and I continue to weave.










 
Here are some more peg looms in action - mixes of fluffy and novelty yarns.
 
 
 
 
 
- some gorgeous chunky weight handspun yarn.
 
 


- warp waiting
just thought I would show you the warp I have put on my Ashford loom, this is waiting to be woven into some fabric,
I will blog about the finished results soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment