Wednesday 21 May 2014

Spinning A Little Sunshine In


 


 It is always good to do a spot of spinning in the sunshine! I love to get the spinning wheel out in the garden and work in the good light and fresh air. Rather than the radio or music as I spin, I enjoy  listening to nature's own music of bird song and breeze in the trees.

I spin up the last of my Blue Faced Leicester with Silk tops. It is looking good, I shall be using it for a knitting project later in the year.
 Working at my spinning wheel is very meditative, somehow although staying in the conscious mind absorbed  in the process using my feet on the treadle to turn the wheel and my fingers to work the fibres to produce the thread . I am able to allow my mind to wander freely, be creative and dream.
 I am also much more aware of the colours, energy and life in the garden. The birds, insects, the clouds and taste and smell of the outside. As my craft nourishes my soul enriching me I try to bring something of what I feel and gain from such steady careful work.  

 

 I use natural materials and traditional methods of  hand knitting, hand spinning and hand weaving- So "spinning a little sunshine in" too for good measure makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment